Welcome families to the 2017-2018 School Year. Here are a few notes about new procedures here at the Graniteville School:
1. Please be sure to sign and return the last page of our new Parent Handbook.
2. Please make sure that your child's emergency cards have current information.
3. Our new attendance policy for the Full Day State Pre-K class is:
should regularly attend the full school day for your Pre-K child to
maintain their enrollment slot. Once a child is out, late or leaves
early for more than 5 days due to unexcused absences, the Principal will
follow up with the family to discuss the absences. Please keep in
mind, id a child has been out for 20 or more school days, the child will
lose his/her State Pre-K slot and another child's family will be
offered the slot. Please see the handbook for further explanations of
excused absences and unexcused absences.
4. Remember: If you child will be absent, please call the school and let us know.
- Please do not pass any buses while they are loading and unloading.
- Please come into the building with your child to drop him/her off for school.
- Enter the school from the fire station entrance.
- Exit the school from the fire station side driveway.
- Do not enter the parking lot closest to the building as this is faculty parking,UNLESS you have a handicapped plate! If you do have a handicapped plate, you may enter this section of the parking lot.
look forward to an exciting year of sustaining a strong school and
family partnership, while we foster a love of learning in your child as
they become life long learners!
Maria Petronio-McAfee Edm. MA BS